Software Systems Architecture G (8746.4)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MRS Richa AWASTHY (Ph: +61 2 62015453 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 MRS Richa AWASTHY (Ph: +61 2 62015453 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195589) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185321) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182388) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166111) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (150723) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (147997) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this course, the students will learn how to produce software architecture design from system requirements; The course covers terms, concepts and techniques used in the design of software architectures, including architectural requirements, architectural styles, architecture documentation and architecture evaluation. Students will learn about the role of architecture and architects in software engineering. Modern architectures such as service-oriented and cloud architecture and wireless systems architecture are also covered in detail. Students will use the .NET WCF for building connected, service-oriented applications.
This unit will be co-taught with unit 8745 Software Systems Architecture.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the principles of software architecture, architectural best-practices, and how architecture is used in modern software engineering;
2. Review, analyse, consolidate and synthesise the role of a software architect in software engineering practice;
3. Apply knowledge of research principles of various architecture styles and solutions;
4. Design and develop SOA using WCF web services and perform testing; and
5. Communication skills to present a clear and coherent exposition of knowledge and ideas of architecture solutions to stakeholders and demonstrate that it has met their requirements.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018