Occupational Therapy Professional Practice 3 PG (8727.3)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Occupational Therapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Practice 3 DR Stephen ISBEL (Ph: +61 2 62015246 ) INTERNPLCE 2020 Practice 3 MR Thomas BEVITT (Ph: +61 2 62068718 ) INTERNPLCE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180813) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 7, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (174619) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 4, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (164615) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (152263) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (152638) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (154439) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (136689) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This is a practice education unit that builds upon professional practice skills developed during the program. This unit give opportunity to independently practice authentic occupational therapy assessments, interventions and evaluations. The placements may be in traditional or non-traditional areas of practice. This is the third and final practice education unit that aims to enable students to demonstrate independently creativity and initiative required in a professional practice environment. Students are expected to work with a high level of personal autonomy and accountability. This unit forms part of the 1000 hours of practice education mandated by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists and is guided by the Australian Minimum Competency Standards for New Graduate Occupational Therapists (Occupational Therapy Australia 2010).
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Independently complete an occupation-focused assessment demonstrating the appropriate cognitive, technical and creative skills required;
2. Independently complete an occupation-focused program or intervention demonstrating the appropriate cognitive, technical and creative skills required; and
3. Independently apply the theory and concepts of occupational science and occupational therapy to a specific practice area.
This is a practice education unit comprising 9 weeks of industry-based placement. In this unit students are required to attend the placement site for approximately 7.5 - 8 hours per day for 9 weeks.
9070 Occupation in Context AND
9071 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1 AND
9072 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 2 AND
9594 Epidemiology and Principles Research PG AND
8349 Foundations of Occupational Therapy PG AND
6454 Health Professional Practice 2 PG AND
8737 Health Psychology and Behaviour G AND
8937 Humans as Occupational Beings 1 AND
9069 Humans as Occupational Beings 2 AND
8350 Occupational Therapy Professional Practice 1 PG AND
8726 Occupational Therapy Professional Practice 2 PG AND
6486 Research Planning PG