Occupational Therapy Professional Practice 3 PG (8727.3)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Occupational Therapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Practice 3 MR Thomas BEVITT (Ph: +61 2 62068718 ) INTERNPLCE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Practice 3, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (197150) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180813) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 7, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (174619) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 4, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (164615) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (152263) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (152638) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (154439) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (136689) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This is a practice education unit that builds upon professional practice skills developed during the program. This unit give opportunity to independently practice authentic occupational therapy assessments, interventions and evaluations. The placements may be in traditional or non-traditional areas of practice. This is the third and final practice education unit that aims to enable students to demonstrate independently creativity and initiative required in a professional practice environment. Students are expected to work with a high level of personal autonomy and accountability. This unit forms part of the 1000 hours of practice education mandated by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists and is guided by the Australian Minimum Competency Standards for New Graduate Occupational Therapists (Occupational Therapy Australia 2010).
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Independently complete an occupation-focused assessment demonstrating the appropriate cognitive, technical and creative skills required;
2. Independently complete an occupation-focused program or intervention demonstrating the appropriate cognitive, technical and creative skills required; and
3. Independently apply the theory and concepts of occupational science and occupational therapy to a specific practice area.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Practice 3, 2020
- Teaching Period 2, 2018
This is a practice education unit comprising 9 weeks of industry-based placement. In this unit students are required to attend the placement site for approximately 7.5 - 8 hours per day for 9 weeks.
10416 Occupational Therapy Professional Practice 2 PG