Sports Nutrition PG (8722.2)
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Michelle MINEHAN (Ph: +61 2 62068746 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (200490) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198898) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (188382) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (180164) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (164263) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (152046) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (149338) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit covers fundamental sports nutrition. Students will critically evaluate the evidence base for current and emerging sports nutrition guidelines and practices. Students will assess dietary practices of elite and recreational athletes across the lifecycle. Emphasis will be on the practical application of sports nutrition guidelines.
This unit is co-taught with unit 8721 Sports Nutrition UG.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Interpret how the physiological response to exercise affects nutritional requirements;
2. Interpret data to assess body composition and health risk of elite athletes;
3. Critically analyse dietary strategies to influence the health and performance of elite and recreational athletes;
4. Research and apply established theories to develop nutritional strategies that aid performance and health; and
5. Communicate sports nutrition concepts accurately and effectively.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
Up to four hours per week.
8258 Nutritional Science G OR equivalent unit AND
permission of unit convener.
Human physiology and human nutrition.