Sports Nutrition PG (8722.2)
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Michelle MINEHAN (Ph: +61 2 62068746 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198898) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (188382) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (180164) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (164263) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (152046) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (149338) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit covers fundamental sports nutrition. Students will critically evaluate the evidence base for current and emerging sports nutrition guidelines and practices. Students will assess dietary practices of elite and recreational athletes across the lifecycle. Emphasis will be on the practical application of sports nutrition guidelines.
This unit is co-taught with unit 8721 Sports Nutrition UG.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Interpret how the physiological response to exercise affects nutritional requirements;
2. Interpret data to assess body composition and health risk of elite athletes;
3. Critically analyse dietary strategies to influence the health and performance of elite and recreational athletes;
4. Research and apply established theories to develop nutritional strategies that aid performance and health; and
5. Communicate sports nutrition concepts accurately and effectively.
Up to four hours per week.
8258 Nutritional Science G OR equivalent unit AND
permission of unit convener.
Human physiology and human nutrition.