Data Analytics and Business Intelligence (8696.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Yibe ALEM (Ph: +61 2 62068309 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Yibe ALEM (Ph: +61 2 62068309 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Yibe ALEM (Ph: +61 2 62068309 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Yibe ALEM (Ph: +61 2 62068309 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198344) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (192649) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185604) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190349) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182354) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166043) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (152498) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (141217) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the tools and techniques of data analytics with application to business intelligence. Students will be introduced to the main tools of data analytics, both descriptive and predictive. Case studies will provide the links to intelligence that businesses, in the broadest sense of the term, can use. The unit is designed to be of interest to students in a range of disciplines including health, education, sport and management.This unit is co-taught with unit Data Analytics and Business Intelligence PG.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Source and access data from a variety of databases;
2. Select and apply appropriate tools for data visualization;
3. Select and apply descriptive data analytics methods;
4. Select and apply predictive data analytics methods;
5. Fit statistical models; and
6. Use the results to produce business intelligence in a variety of settings.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Winter Term, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Winter Term, 2018
3 hours per week.
Introduction to Statistics or a similar unit. Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed Data Analytics and Business Intelligence PG.