Spanish 4A (8691.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate Fourth Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Applied Linguistics & Languages|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2013
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
This unit will provide the student with an outlook of the culture in Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries. It will approach the matter with a wide critical criterion, connecting local, communitarian and national societies with their particular cultural expressions.The unit will be delivered using both theoretical and active-practical tools from interdisciplinary fields in the humanities, and aiming to develop a sense of appreciation and understanding in interacting with diverse cultural texts. Classes will be conducted in the target language, requiring from the student a higher level of command of their written and oral Spanish.
- On completion of this unit the students' communicative competence will enable them to function effectively in a Spanish-speaking environment.
- Interact spontaneously in a Spanish-speaking environment.
- Understand, talk and write on a wide variety of more advanced topics.
- Demonstrate an awareness of multiple details of Spanish-related culture.
3 hours per week
Spanish 1A: Language and Culture AND Spanish 1B: Language and Culture AND Spanish 2A AND Spanish 2B AND Spanish 3A AND Spanish 3B OR Permission of unit convener.