Spanish 2A (8687.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Applied Linguistics & Languages|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2013
This unit concentrates on selected and more advanced aspects of Spanish grammar, as well as on developing the student's reading, conversational and writing skills. Special emphasis is placed on free conversation and composition though a variety of class activities, such as scenarios and radio clips designed to encourage students to interact in Spanish in a natural and spontaneous way. The content of this material will also develop further the students' cultural awareness. Spanish will continue to be the only medium of instruction.
- On completion of this unit the students' communicative competence will enable them to function effectively in a Spanish-speaking environment
- Interact spontaneously in a Spanish-speaking environment
- Understand, talk and write on a wide variety of more advanced topics
- Demonstrate an awareness of multiple details of Spanish-related culture.
4 hours per week
Spanish 1A:Language and Culture AND Spanish 1b:Language and CultureRestrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed: Spanish 2 (part B)Spanish 3 (part A) Spanish 3 (part B) Advanced Spanish A (part A) Advanced Spanish A (part B)
Permission of unit convener.