Hong Kong Law of Business Associations (8681.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- HKBU Trimester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, HKBU (180822) - View
- UC Term 4, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, HKBU (173481) - View
- UC Term 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, HKBU (173463) - View
- UC Term 3, 2016, INTENSIVE, HKBU (152270) - View
- UC Term 4, 2015, INTENSIVE, HKBU (146457) - View
- UC Term 2, 2015, INTENSIVE, HKBU (146456) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will acquaint students with virtually all aspects of Hong Kong corporations law at a basic and technical level. Topics to be covered will include incorporation of the company and its constitution; rights, duties and liabilities of directors, other company officers and shareholders; company meeting; the company's dealings with outsiders and an introduction to the law relating to company takeovers, securities, insolvency and winding up.
- demonstrate an understanding of the essential features of Hong Kong Corporations Law
- demonstrate an awareness of reform proposals and policy issues associated with Corporations Law
- analyse factual problems and apply the law to resolve the issues
- critically analyse existing law and reform proposals from a legal and policy perspective
UCI - Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
- HKBU Trimester 2, 2018
- UC Term 4, 2017
- UC Term 2, 2017
- UC Term 3, 2016
- UC Term 4, 2015
- UC Term 2, 2015
Intensive (39 hours face to face sessions)
Introduction to Business LawRestrictions:This unit is not open to students who have passed Law of Business Associations.