Community Nutrition Practicum PG (8663.2)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Practice 1 DR Rachel BACON (Ph: +61 2 62015274 ) INTERNPLCE 2020 Winter Term DR Rachel BACON (Ph: +61 2 62015274 ) INTERNPLCE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (194711) - View
- Practice 1, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (197140) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (189577) - View
- Practice 1, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (191807) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (180573) - View
- UC Trimester 1, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (180800) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (171392) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 1, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (171390) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (151927) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (152485) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (141200) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides professional placement experience in Community and Public Health settings. Students will be given the opportunity to participate in a nutrition program demonstrating an understanding of the planning, implementation and evaluation process. Students are also required to demonstrate professional and evidenced-based practice and effective communication as described by the Dietitian Association of Australia (DAA) 2015 National Competency Standards for Dietitians In Australia.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Collect, organise and assess data relating to the health and nutritional status of groups and populations.
2. Demonstrate a sound understanding of the planning, implementation and evaluation processes of nutrition programs with groups, community or populations in collaboration with key stakeholders.
3. Recognise the multi-factorial and interconnected determinants influencing nutrition and health
4. Apply a socio-ecological approach to the development of strategies to improve nutrition and health.
5. Demonstrate professionalism, evidence-based practice and effective communication skills.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2020
- Practice 1, 2020
- Winter Term, 2019
Practice 1, 2019
Internship/Placement,possibly with On-Campus Activities (INTERNPLCE)
- Preparation for Placement (Ungraded pass )
- Formative Moderated Self-Assessment Tasks (Ungraded Pass )
- Compulsory Work Samples (Ungraded pass )
- E: After placement: Critical Incident Reflection (Ungraded pass )
- Mahara E-Portfolio Showcase (Ungraded Pass )
- Preparation for Placement (Ungraded Pass )
- C: During placement: Formative Moderated Self Assessment Tasks (Ungraded Pass )
- Compulsary Work Samples (Ungraded Pass )
- Mahara e-Portfolio Showcase (Ungraded Pass )
- Internship/Placement,possibly with On-Campus Activities (INTERNPLCE)
- Winter Term, 2018
- UC Trimester 1, 2018
- Winter Term, 2017
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 1, 2017
6 weeks full time
9468 Community and Public Health Nutrition PG
6470 Professional Practice in Health Settings PG