Food Service Management PG (8660.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Jane KELLETT (Ph: +61 2 62012507 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Jane KELLETT (Ph: +61 2 62012507 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (196378) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188383) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180168) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164267) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (152047) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140875) - View
- Semester 2, 2011, STD-F2FO, BRUCE (105164) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit prepares students to be a health care professional through analysing the policies and processes which underpin food service delivery and management.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to critically evaluate the provision and management of food services in a health care setting;
2. Demonstrate a sound knowledge and application of the principles and practice of food service delivery and management in a health care setting, including menu planning, recipe standardisation, quality and portion control, human resources and financial management; and
3. Demonstrate an understanding of food and nutrition policies and how they apply to the food service environment.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
- Semester 2, 2011
1 hour lecture and 3 hour practical.
8658, Clinical Dietetics PG Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 7619, Food Service Management PG.
Undergraduate degree or equivalent and research experience, or study at the PG level and relevant experience in human services.