Information Graphics (8606.3)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Media Arts & Graphic Design|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/07/2010 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 01/01/2013
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
This unit explores the field of information design. It connects traditional information design in the form of signage, way finding systems and early infographic works, with the contemporary fields of data visualization and infographics. It explores the ways that graphic designers represent complex datasets in physical and digital media. Students gain insight and expertise through the practical process of analysing, interpreting and representing datasets in a variety of media.
- understand of the historical origins of information design
- analyse and interpret information and data sources
- understand how to meaningfully represent information and data sources
- demonstrate innovative use of media to achieve effective outcomes
Three hours per week.