Global Design Strategy (8604.6)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 Mrs Ola PAK (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 Mr Greg CHANDLER (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (196145) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (191211) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (178526) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (178528) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (177696) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (165474) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, NSI-SL (164969) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (164967) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (173914) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164867) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (161351) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (161349) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, NSI-SL (140757) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (140756) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (141258) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit looks at creating graphic design strategies for a global audience. Using internationally relevant projects the unit will explore symbolism, colour, communication and awareness in relation to culturally specific briefs.
PLEASE NOTE: The Winter Term offering of this unit is only available for students attending the field trip abroad.
On completion of this unit. students will be able to:
1. Analyse and interpret an internationally relevant brief;
2. Apply in-depth research and analysis strategies to a global audience;
3. Integrate typography and visual images in industry relevant applications; and
4. Communicate appropriately with clarity and visual impact, an innovative and creative idea.
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
3 hours per week.
Completion of 36cp.
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- 206JA Bachelor of Design
- 164HG Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 164JA Bachelor of Graphic Design
- 181JA Bachelor of Graphic Design/Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 220JA Bachelor of Graphic Design/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 248HG Bachelor of Justice Studies