Health Program Planning and Development (8577.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Public Health|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (188642) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (182965) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (163988) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (154069) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (146231) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will provide an overview of program planning, development and implementation (including planning approaches, models and frameworks). Topics include needs assessment, problem identification, setting goals and objectives, program design principles, and evaluation. The unit also provides an introduction to budgeting, resourcing and long term sustainability. A best practice approach to program management is applied. A work placement provides practical application of the theories and reflective writing.
On completion of this unit, student will be able to:
1. Understand the principles of program planning;
2. Understand program resourcing and simple program budgeting processes;
3. Select appropriate evaluation strategies;
4. Design a program strategy including needs assessment, problem identification, program design and implementation strategy; and
5. Design and implement a project during a work placement, review its outcomes and reflect on the learning achieved.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2019
Semester 1, 2018
Internship/Placement,possibly with On-Campus Activities (INTERNPLCE)
- Assignment 1: Statement of career aims, goals, actions and SWOT analysis (7% )
- Assignment 2: Project plan draft (0% )
- Assignment 3: Project plan (20% )
- Assignment 4. CV with story hook (8% )
- Assingment 5: Peer mentoring reports (5% per report, with two reports. 10% total. )
- Assingment 6: Placement/independent project (55% )
- Internship/Placement,possibly with On-Campus Activities (INTERNPLCE)