Health Patterns of Disease (8576.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Public Health|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Indira SAMARAWICKREMA (Ph: +61 2 62015442 ) FLEXIBLE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (188628) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (164283) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (151790) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (140543) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will cover the applications of clinical epidemiological techniques in the evaluation of patterns of disease including evidence and causation, diagnostic tests, disease patterns and variation, environmental influences on health, disease aetiology and prognosis, and illness prevention.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand causes of selected diseases;
2. Be aware of environmental influences on health;
3. Identify patters and distribution of disease;
4. Understand disease aetiology and prognosis; and
5. Describe methods of illness prevention and treatment.
Three to four hours per week.
- 793AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 265JA Bachelor of Environmental Health
- 317JA Bachelor of Health Science
- 316JA Bachelor of Health Studies
- 158JA Bachelor of Public Health
- 358JA Diploma of Health