Health Patterns of Disease (8576.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Public Health|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Indira SAMARAWICKREMA (Ph: +61 2 62015442 ) FLEXIBLE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2021, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (201553) - View
- Semester 2, 2020, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (196568) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (188628) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (164283) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (151790) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (140543) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will cover the applications of clinical epidemiological techniques in the evaluation of patterns of disease including evidence and causation, diagnostic tests, disease patterns and variation, environmental influences on health, disease aetiology and prognosis, and illness prevention.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand causes of selected diseases;
2. Be aware of environmental influences on health;
3. Identify patters and distribution of disease;
4. Understand disease aetiology and prognosis; and
5. Describe methods of illness prevention and treatment.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2021
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
Three to four hours per week.