Public Health Systems and Policy 1 (8573.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Public Health & Occupational Therapy|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (139214) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces public health/population health and its history. Students will learn about the Australian and international health systems and the unit will include a review of the contemporary policy landscape. The World Health Organisation priorities will be considered and students will weigh up the views of various stakeholders analysing their interests, and how these interests act to effect change in health policy.
1. describe public health and its history;
2. identify key issues in current public health policy and practice;
3. describe the state, national and international health systems structure and funding models;
4. describe and compare issues in population health taking a determinants of health perspective;
5. analyse selected health policies.
Four to six hours per week.