Psychology 101 G (8564.1)
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Pg Clinical Psychology) Band 2 2021 (Prof Pathway Psychology-After 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Prof Pathway Psychology-Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Standard Course Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Standard Course Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Psychology|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (164470) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (163953) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (152466) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (153891) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (141181) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (145538) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will be provided with an overview of the following topics in psychology: perspectives in psychology; research methods in psychology; the biological bases of mental life and behaviour; intelligence and personality; motivation and emotion; stress and health; psychopathology; and professional ethics. This unit is co-taught with Psychology 101.
At the end of this unit it is expected that you will:
1. be familiar with some of the major topics in psychology;
2. be competent in integrating knowledge of psychological concepts, theory and research methods and applying to practical 'real life' problems;
3. be competent in demonstrating skills reflective of critical engagement with psychological literature and methods employed in psychology;
4. be familiar with how to write in psychology using the American Psychological Association's referencing conventions.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Winter Term, 2016
- Semester 1, 2016
- Winter Term, 2015
- Semester 1, 2015
Semester 1: One 2 hour lecture and a 2 hour tutorial approximately every second week. Winter Term: Two 2 hour lectures (most weeks) and four 2 hour tutorials across the term.
Enrolment in the Graduate Diploma in Psychological Science.