Growing Midwives PG (8552.2)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Midwifery|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (188588) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (176141) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (163949) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (148443) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit the student explores the theme: person and profession into the future. Reflecting on past and current personal and professional understandings and identifying possible future movements in maternity care, the student will 'take stock' of their current midwifery position. By focusing on relevant theories and models for midwifery work with women, the content and processes of this unit are designed to facilitate a personal and professional reflexivity to re-consider midwifery responsibilities, realities and potentials.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Utilise a range of literature in support of a personal and professional analysis of 'self as midwife' and 'self as potential';
2. Critically deconstruct midwifery's 'with woman' position in the light of the student's individual and collective work with women and their babies and families, and with midwives, students, and/or other practitioners; and
3. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of appropriate theory and theorists to inform midwifery tenets, e.g., relationship, responsibility, accountability, ethics, risk and ownership.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
4 days intensive plus online component.