World Heritage (8501.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Arts & Humanities|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2010 End Date: 31/12/2010
This unit will introduce the concept of world heritage, including the areas of natural, cultural and intangible heritage, to explore how heritage is identified, assessed and managed at the international level and to highlight key issues for international heritage management.
1. demonstrate knowledge of the main international heritage conventions and charters;
2. understand key issues relating to World Heritage listing; and
3. understand the assessment and definition of natural, cultural and intangible heritage at the international level.
Three hours per week.