|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Arts & Humanities|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2010 End Date: 31/12/2010
This unit will introduce students to the main types of artefacts created by humans, outline the history of their manufacture and use and the key conservation issues for each artefact type.
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the main types of objects/artefacts
2. Understand the history of their manufacture and use by humans;
3. Appreciate issues in assessing the heritage values of objects and artefacts; and
4. Understand the key conservation issues associated with the different categories of objects and artefacts
Three hours per week.