Online News 1 (8463.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Journalism & Communication Studies|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2010 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to: demonstrate editorial judgement; sub-edit stories for online news publication by dealing with search engine optimisation, sense and legal and ethical problems. On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. understand the processes of online news and basic multimedia news production, and demonstrate the capacity for online news editorial judgement;
2. be able to sub-edit news and feature stories in an online context for search engine optimisation, sense and legal and ethical problems;
3. understand and use a basic content management system (CMS).
Print Journalism 2 Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed Online News 1 (6cp).