Chinese 3 (part B) (8457.3)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Applied Linguistics & Languages|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2010 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2013
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
This unit further expands on the groundwork laid by the preceding units. Emphasis is placed on conversation, reading, writing a variety of audio or audiovisual materials. More advanced structural points are studied together with those linguistic features characteristic of more formal writing style. Further socio cultural background is introduced.
1. students will have achieved a sufficient level of competence in reading, speaking and translating from Mandarin Chinese to enable them to use the language in relevant social and non-technical professional situations;
2. be able to use the remaining 1000 of the 2500 most important characters; be able to compose short written texts such as letters;
3. be familiar with the socio cultural background of the main Chinese speaking countries/regions
4. have acquired the necessary learning strategies for further development of their Mandarin Chinese language competencies
Four hours per week consisting of 1 lecture and 3 tutorials.
Chinese 3 (part A) or equivalent (consult with unit convener).