Chinese 2 (part A) (8454.3)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Applied Linguistics & Languages|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2013
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2010 End Date: 31/12/2010
This is an individualised unit designed to allow students to develop their language skills in Mandarin Chinese from a particular point of proficiency (continuing). It consists of studies taken from the undergraduate unit Chinese Language 2, complemented by an individualised program of self-directed learning.
1. students should be familiar with most of the fundamental grammatical patterns of Mandarin,
2. and be able to use them in speaking, reading and writing;
3. have the sociolinguistic competence to select culturally appropriate modes of expression;
4. be able to use a further 900 characters (including some in full form);
5. and be able to read and translate more extended authentic texts.
Four hours per week consisting of four tutorials, taught in conjunction with the relevant undergraduate unit.
Chinese 1b: Language and Culture or equivalent (consult with unit convener).