Physiology of Exercise G (8393.1)
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Naroa ETXEBARRIA (Ph: +61 2 62012163 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Winter Term DR Naroa ETXEBARRIA (Ph: +61 2 62012163 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (200551) - View
- Winter Term, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194746) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193094) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189613) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189128) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180614) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (179879) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164625) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163954) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (152704) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153892) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (148619) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146684) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This combined lecture and practical unit examines the physiology of exercise at an introductory level. A systems approach is used, concentrating on responses of the metabolic, cardiovascular, respiratory, thermoregulatory and muscular systems to exercise. The exercise response is taught as an integrated, whole body response. Although topics are covered primarily from a theoretical perspective, and may involve reference to animal models, practical applications to human performance and sports will be given as often as possible. The unit will utilise an existing UG unit with the GC students having separate teaching and assessment strategies with the students as a separate group meeting regularly with a member of the teaching staff.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply basic knowledge of human and animal physiology;
2. Understand the body's response to exercise;
3. Describe scientifically the body's response to exercise;
4. Understand the physiological testing procedures currently available; and
5. Measure a range of physiological parameters relating to exercise, sport and health.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2021
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Winter Term, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Winter Term, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Winter Term, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Winter Term, 2016
- Semester 1, 2016
- Winter Term, 2015
- Semester 1, 2015
- Semester 1, 2021
Two 1 hour lectures per week and one 2 hour practical on alternate weeks.
Advanced Functional Anatomy.