Physiology of Exercise G (8393.1)
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Naroa ETXEBARRIA (Ph: +61 2 62012163 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Winter Term DR Naroa ETXEBARRIA (Ph: +61 2 62012163 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Naroa ETXEBARRIA (Ph: +61 2 62012163 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Winter Term DR Naroa ETXEBARRIA (Ph: +61 2 62012163 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194746) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193094) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189613) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189128) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180614) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (179879) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164625) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163954) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (152704) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153892) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (148619) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146684) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This combined lecture and practical unit examines the physiology of exercise at an introductory level. A systems approach is used, concentrating on responses of the metabolic, cardiovascular, respiratory, thermoregulatory and muscular systems to exercise. The exercise response is taught as an integrated, whole body response. Although topics are covered primarily from a theoretical perspective, and may involve reference to animal models, practical applications to human performance and sports will be given as often as possible. The unit will utilise an existing UG unit with the GC students having separate teaching and assessment strategies with the students as a separate group meeting regularly with a member of the teaching staff.
1. Apply basic knowledge of human and animal physiology
2. Understand the body?s response to exercise;
3. Describe scientifically the body?s response to exercise;
4. Understand the physiological testing procedures currently available
5. Measure a range of physiological parameters relating to exercise, sport and health.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Winter Term, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Winter Term, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
- Winter Term, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Winter Term, 2016
- Semester 1, 2016
- Winter Term, 2015
- Semester 1, 2015
Two 1 hour lectures per week and one 2 hour practical on alternate weeks.
Advanced Functional Anatomy.