Performance Analysis in Sport (8390.4)
|Level:||Undergraduate Third Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Jocelyn MARA (Ph: +61 2 62015929 ) ONLINE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (188811) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (184955) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (164299) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (163188) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (139015) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides knowledge of the data capture and assessment of sporting performance using video analysis. Students will learn to identify key performance indicators used to assess tactical and technical performance, collected data related to key performance indicators using notational analysis, create performance profiles and communicate data effectively through verbal and visual means.
This unit is co-taught with 10155 Performance Analysis in Sport G.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Understand the techniques and systems used to observe and analyse the tactical and technical aspects of sporting performance;
2. Analyse and describe sporting performance using video analysis software;
3. Apply statistical methods used to create performance profiles and analyse performance; and
4. Interpret sports data and demonstrate an ability to communicate this to multiple audiences.
Video lessons: 2-2.5 hours per week (x12 weeks) Interactive online tutorials: 1 hour per fortnight (x6 weeks)
11398 Introduction to Research in the Health Sciences
Students will need to have a basic understanding of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Microsoft Excel (or equivalent). Students will also need to have a broad understanding of a range of sports.
6841 Performance Analysis in Sport and 10155 Performance Analysis in Sport G
- 156JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science
- 275JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- 153JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science
- 154JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- 157JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 277JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology