Electrophysical Agents PG (8387.2)
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Physio Non Standard Period 1 DR Irmina NAHON (Ph: +61 2 62012161 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Physio Non Standard Period 1 DR Irmina NAHON (Ph: +61 2 62012161 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191759) - View
- UC Trimester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180875) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164601) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155913) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit aims to develop basic knowledge and skills in the safe and effective use of a range of electrophysical agents used in physiotherapy practice. Technical competency and safe practice skills will be developed with the aim of providing students with the ability to choose appropriate treatment interventions with consideration of the appropriate evidence base for a range of electrophysical agents in common use. Communication and record keeping skills are emphasized as an essential component of quality health management. Selected physical and electrical treatment modalities will be covered.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explain the role of specific electrophysical agents used in patient management; and
2. Use research evidence, integrated with knowledge of the physical and physiological effects of these modalities to implement treatment programs.
These competencies will be demonstrated and integrated into clinical physiotherapy practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Physio Non Standard Period 1, 2019
- UC Trimester 1, 2018
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2017
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 2, 2016
One hour per week lecture or equivalent; two hours per week tutorial/practical work.
7786 Neuromuscular Interventions PG
Enrolment in the Master of Physiotherapy 768AA