Advanced Legal Research and Writing (Honours) (8358.2)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (179381) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178149) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167558) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167065) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151498) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154764) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139986) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145862) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Co-taught with Advanced Legal Research and Writing, this unit is designed to enhance the traditional and electronic legal research skills of participants and to place them within an advanced theoretical framework, and to give participants a firm grounding in legal writing. Participants will learn about empirical research methodology, how to complete ethic approval applications, and how to write an honours research proposal.
1. students will have an enhanced capacity for legal research and a greater awareness of, and capacity for, precision, accuracy and clarity in legal writing.
2. knowledge of the sources of law in selected Commonwealth and other foreign jurisdictions and how they are accessed and researched
3. knowledge of the nature and relevance of government documentary sources for legal research and the ways of obtaining such sources
4. knowledge of major legal research methodologies
5. knowledge of the elements of legal drafting through writing and presenting legal agreements and arguments
6. knowledge of legal writing incorporating the results of research
7. identify a research question and developing a research proposal at an Honours level
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
- Semester 1, 2015
Three hours per week.
Legal Systems or equivalent.
Enrolment in the Bachelor of Laws or double degree with Laws.
- 995AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication / Bachelor of Laws
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 238JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Laws
- 239JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 808AA Bachelor of Business Informatics/Bachelor of Laws
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 127JA Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 225JA Bachelor of Communication in Advertising/Bachelor of Laws
- 226JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism/Bachelor of Laws
- 227JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs/Bachelor of Laws
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 194JA Bachelor of Forensic Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 240JA Bachelor of Human Resource Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 996AA Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Laws
- 794AA Bachelor of Laws
- 829AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 149JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 997AA Bachelor of Public Relations / Bachelor of Laws
- 833AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 241JA Bachelor of Social Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 837AA Bachelor of Sports Media/Bachelor of Laws