Occupational Therapy Professional Practice 1 PG (8350.4)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Occupational Therapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Practice 6 DR Stephen ISBEL (Ph: +61 2 62015246 ) INTERNPLCE 2020 Practice 6 MR Thomas BEVITT (Ph: +61 2 62068718 ) INTERNPLCE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Practice 6, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (191809) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (180568) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 6, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (164593) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (160883) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (154185) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (137044) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This is a practice education unit that builds upon professional practice skills developed during the program. This unit gives opportunity to practice, under supervision, authentic occupational therapy assessments, interventions and evaluations. The placement may be in traditional or non-traditional areas of practice. This is the first practice education unit that aims to enable students to demonstrate application of knowledge and translation of theory to practice. This unit forms part of the 1000 hours of practice education mandated by the World Federation of Occupational Therapists and is guided by the Australian Minimum Competency Standards for New Graduate Occupational Therapists (Occupational Therapy Australia 2010).
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Undertake, under supervision, an occupation-focused assessment demonstrating the appropriate cognitive, technical and creative skills required to organise and manage an occupation-focused program;
2. Evaluate, under supervision, an occupation-focused program demonstrating the appropriate cognitive, technical and creative skills required; and
3. Apply, under supervision, the theory and concepts of occupational science and occupational therapy to a specific practice area.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Practice 6, 2019
- Winter Term, 2018
This is a practice education unit comprising 8 weeks of industry-based placement. In this unit students are required to attend the placement site for approximately 7.5 - 8 hours per day for 8 weeks.
9071 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1 AND
8349 Foundations of Occupational Therapy PG AND
8937 Humans as Occupational Beings PG 1 AND
9072 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 2 AND
10414 Occupational Therapy and Mental Health PG AND
9069 Humans as Occupational Beings PG 2