Foundations of Occupational Therapy PG (8349.3)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Occupational Therapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Daniela CASTRO DE JONG (Ph: +61 2 62012407 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Daniela CASTRO DE JONG (Ph: +61 2 62012407 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188624) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180390) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164302) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (150855) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (149628) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit combines lectures, case based tutorials and work integrated learning. It is a co-requisite of 9071. Students begin to develop an advanced understanding of occupation, the core domain of occupational therapy, and occupational therapy values, theories, perspectives, models and processes which they can apply in practice. Students gain specialised skills in occupation analysis and develop insight of the diverse settings in which the broad scope of occupational therapy is practised.
This unit will be co-taught with Foundations of Occupational Therapy, 10300.
On the successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Synthesise information gathered from a comprehensive occupation analysis and reflect on contextual aspects of the analysis;
2. Justify the rationale for adopting an occupation-focus in practice by drawing upon recent and relevant theory, research and literature; and
3. Demonstrate appropriate professional behaviours, language and attitudes in a supervised practice setting.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Occupational performance analysis report (35% )
- Music Outreach sessions: group work and individual reflection (30% )
- Using Occupational Therapy Models in Practice (35% )
- Practice Education (Pass/Fail )
- Academic Integrity Module (AIM) (0% (Hurdle assessment) )
- Cultural Orientation Plan for Health Professionals working with Aboriginal people (0% )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2019
3 hours per week. Blend of lecture and tutorial work.
Entry to Master of Occupational Therapy.
9071 Occupational Therapy Toolbox 1.
10300 Foundations of Occupational Therapy