Biochemistry of Exercise (8339.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 DR Naroa ETXEBARRIA (Ph: +61 2 62012163 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Naroa ETXEBARRIA (Ph: +61 2 62012163 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191991) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (180158) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (164248) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (151894) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (149724) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is an introductory course in chemistry and the biochemistry of exercise. Topics covered include chemical structures, enzyme regulation as well as chemical based laws and reactions that highlight the everyday application of chemistry. A range of basic biochemistry and genetic principles that assist in the understanding of physical activity and exercise will be discussed. Students will apply basic chemistry principles to physical activity, sport and chronic disease settings.
This unit will be co-taught with unit 8363 Biochemistry of Exercise G.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. demonstrate their understanding of basic chemistry, biochemistry and effective laboratory practices;
2. conduct experiments to examine the factors influencing biochemical and genetic principles relating to exercise;
3. describe chemical behaviour of elements and compounds as it relates to exercise, sport and health.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Four hours per week (semester long).
- 266JA Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation
- 202JA Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- 153JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science
- 154JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- 274JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- 276JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Human Nutrition