Digital Environment (8330.6)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 UC College Trimester 2 MR James YOUNG (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 UC College Trimester 1 MR James YOUNG (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 UC College Trimester 3 MR James YOUNG (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MR Al KIRK (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Saeed BANIHASHEMI (Ph: +61 2 62012766 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195449) - View
- UC College Trimester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (203240) - View
- UC College Trimester 3, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (198495) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (192444) - View
- UC College Trimester 3, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (178850) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (178407) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178406) - View
- UC College Trimester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (177729) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (177639) - View
- UC College Trimester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (178798) - View
- UC College Trimester 3, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (170692) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (164797) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164796) - View
- UC College Trimester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (170694) - View
- UC College Trimester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (170693) - View
- UC College Trimester 3, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, UCC-BRUCE (166659) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (161177) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit offers students an introduction to the opportunities, principles and processes of the digital design environment. Students will explore the potential of digital communication tools and techniques as they apply to the perception and representation of design. Workshops will demonstrate principles of digital composition, editing and drafting.
The unit will develop an appreciation of digital design processes and methods, and will demonstrate various software applications in a range of fields including architecture, landscape architecture, interior architecture and industrial design.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Relate the application of digital software to creative expression in design;
2. Identify the elemental techniques for digitally generating visual and spatial representations; and
3. Recognise the potential of digital design communication techniques for the profession of design.
- UC - Canberra, Bruce
UC - University of Canberra College, Bruce
- UC College Trimester 2, 2020
- UC College Trimester 3, 2019
3 hours per week
- 912AA Bachelor of Arts in Architecture
- 120JA Bachelor of Arts in Landscape
- 130JA Bachelor of Arts in Landscape/Bachelor of Environmental Science
- 357JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management
- ABB101 Bachelor of Building and Construction Management (Honours)
- 367JA Bachelor of Civil Engineering Technology
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- 206JA Bachelor of Design
- 207JA Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
- 288JA Bachelor of Industrial Design
- 119HG Bachelor of Interior Architecture
- 119JA Bachelor of Interior Architecture
- 289JA Bachelor of Interior Architecture
- 248HG Bachelor of Justice Studies