Design for Plastics (8325.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Design & Architecture|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2010 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2013
This unit is an introduction to plastic materials and manufacturing processes relevant to industrial designers. It explores the use and selection of appropriate plastic materials in the design and manufacture of products using guidelines that include sustainability and environmental responsibility. Students create integrated design products as a means of investigating the application of appropriate manufacturing methods and materials selection.
1. identify and describe primary processes and plastic materials relevant to industrial design;
2. communicate relevant manufacturing design proposals; and
3. understand and apply these to manufacturing design problems
Up to four hours per week consisting of lectures/studio/workshop. This unit may include field trips of up to two days.
This unit is not open to students who have passed Industrial Design Technology 3.1.