Landscape Technology 3.1 (8275.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Design|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
This unit examines the characteristics of construction materials, and considers how these materials are used in the design of objects and structures in a landscape construction project. Students learn a working knowledge of the structural systems, processes and communication skills necessary to build external environments. Emphasis is placed on the principles necessary to select materials to achieve a sustainable outcome.
- a) understand the broader issues surrounding material selection and landscape construction processes.
- b) critically analyse and understand material selection.
- c) communicate an idea through documentation & presentation.
- d) conceptualise designed environments over time.
- e) understand, appreciate and interpret specifications.
- f) understand the legal requirements of the documentation process.
Three hours per week.
Landscape Technology 2.1.
Competent skills in composing design graphics in a digital environment; competent CAD drafting and editing skills.