Nutritional Science G (8258.3)
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Winter Term DR Nenad NAUMOVSKI (Ph: +61 2 62068719 ) ONLINE 2021 Semester 2 DR Michelle MINEHAN (Ph: +61 2 62068746 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198895) - View
- Winter Term, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198896) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189608) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189125) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180609) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (179876) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164481) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163957) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (152480) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153920) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (141195) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145411) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit extends understanding of the physiological function of nutrients with a focus on micronutrients and other food components. Methods for assessing the food and nutrient intake of groups are examined. Advanced application of tools such as Nutrient Reference Values and biomarkers is explained. Fortification of the food supply and interactions between drugs and nutrients are explored.
This unit is co-taught with unit 8257 Nutritional Science.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse the physiological function, food sources and requirements of specified nutrients;
2. Examine and effectively employ methods to assess food and nutrient intake of groups;
3. Appraise and select nutrition evidence;
4. Transmit evidence-based nutrition concepts to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Winter Term, 2020
4 hours per week
Permission of unit convener.
Admission to courses: Graduate Certificate in Human Nutrition; Master of Nutrition; Master of Nutrition and Dietetics; Master of Pharmacy; Graduate Diploma in Nutritional Science.