Nutrition Across the Lifecycle G (8254.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Cathy KNIGHT-AGARWAL (Ph: +61 2 62068676 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193039) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189093) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (179833) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163881) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153678) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145642) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit explores the nutritional requirements of normal healthy people over their lifespan - from pre-conception to old age. Students will develop an awareness of the principles of nutrition assessment for different age groups. Students will understand and apply dietary recommendations to different population groups across the lifecycle. Communication and education approaches at different stages within the lifecycle will be investigated. This unit is co-taught with unit Nutrition Across the Lifecycle.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand and interpret nutritional requirements at each stage of the lifecycle (preconception, pregnant and lactating women, infants, children, adolescents, adults, old age);
2. Explain the rationale for different dietary recommendations at different life stages;
3. Identify nutritional issues relevant to each stage of the lifecycle;
4. Apply nutritional assessment practices at each stage of the lifecycle;
5. Describe how social, cultural and lifestyle factors influence food behaviour and nutritional risk; and
6. Demonstrate the ability to prepare and deliver communication and education resources appropriate to different lifecycle groups.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 1, 2015
Four hours per week.
Permission of unit convener.