Counselling and Communication for Dietitians PG (8250.1)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Rachel BACON (Ph: +61 2 62015274 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Rachel BACON (Ph: +61 2 62015274 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188328) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180101) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164162) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151812) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140585) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides the theoretical basis and training for students to learn about and practice the core communication and counselling skills essential for competent professional practice as dietitians. Students will develop skills in individual and group counselling and communication, particularly in oral communication. Students will develop the ability to identify the most appropriate communication and counselling techniques to employ when working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds and with differing health priorities or conditions.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate competency in counselling individuals from different socio-cultural backgrounds and with differing health needs;
2. Demonstrate effective communication skills in group situations; and
3. Assess the effectiveness of communication and counselling approaches.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Assignment 1: Reflective e-Portfolio and Placement Hurdle Tasks (20% Each reflection is marked out of 5 with a total mark out of 20 for all 4 reflections. )
- Counselling Exam (50% )
- Assignment 2: Group Education Session (30% Weight: Written Report 15% Group Education Delivery 15% )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
- Semester 2, 2019
Four hours per week.
9298 Clinical Dietetics 2 PG