Signals and Systems (8235.3)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Maryam GHAHRAMANI (Ph: +61 2 62015832 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195641) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185386) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182238) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166252) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (151272) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (154410) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (147015) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces the concepts of signal processing including transformations between continuous and discrete signals, time and frequency domains using Fourier series and Fourier transforms, and the characterisation of linear systems via the Laplace transform. Statistical methods, random variables, probability theory and applications are be covered.
This unit may be cotaught with 10093 Signals and Systems G.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Use MATLAB for the solution of numerical problems in linear algebra, statistics, probability theory, sampling and quantisation. They will be able to describe the important probability distribution functions, and understand and use basic statistical methods; and
2. Be able to use sinusoids and exponentials as fundamental building blocks in the description of analog circuits and continuous systems, and in the representation of signals in the frequency domain. They will be able to describe the continuous to discrete sampling process and implement strategies to avoid the problems of aliasing.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
3 hours lectures and 1 hour tutorial per week; plus 3 hour laboratory work (6 weeks).
10087 Engineering Mathematics.
10093 Signals and Systems G.