Electronics Systems (8224.4)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Maryam GHAHRAMANI (Ph: +61 2 62015832 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Maryam GHAHRAMANI (Ph: +61 2 62015832 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194197) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185049) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (183288) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (166424) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (152260) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (147475) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will focus on basic concepts on electronics systems as shown the following items: - analog DC electronics: charge, current, voltage, Ohm's law, Kirchoffs laws series and parallel etc., voltage divider, current divider, simplifying resistor networks, power and power transfer; - analog AC electronics: alternating current and voltage, frequency, period, phase, amplitude, P-P, Peak, RMS, capacitor circuit and reactance, inductor circuit and reactance, RC, RL circuits, phasor notation and its applications. Ideal Opamp, such as open loop gain, inverting and non-inverting configuration; basic concepts about electromagnetism: electric and magnetic fields.
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to
1. Understand analog DC electronics such as charge, current, voltage, Ohm's law, Kirchoff's laws series and parallel;
2. Articulate analog AC electronics: alternating current and voltage, frequency, period, phase, amplitude, phasor notation, impedance; and
3. Recognise the basic concepts about ideal Op-amp, model, Open loop gain, inverting and non-inverting configuration.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
2 hours lectures, 1 hour tutorial and 1 hour lab.
10087 Engineering Mathematics
Signal and systems.