Acquisition of Skills 2 (8189.4)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (152029) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140850) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/07/2009 End Date: 28/10/2011
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2017
- Version 4 - Start Date: 01/01/2018 End Date: 01/01/2018
This unit focuses on the Movement Skill and Performance' strand of the Personal Development, Health and Physical Education Syllabus (NSW) in the specialized context of Aquatics and Athletics. The unit comprises of both theory and practical experiences.
On successful completion of this unit, student will:
1. Receive qualifications of RLSSA Bronze medallion and Level 1 Beginning Coach within Athletics;
2. Develop a comprehensive understanding of correct skill development and biomechanics for movement skills in the water and on the Track & Field;
3. Develop knowledge about training to improve performances and safely within aquatics and Track & Field events; and
4. Develop an understanding of how to implement aquatic and Track & Field events effectively, catering for all needs within a school environment.
Three hours of workshops a week.