Web Design and Production (8178.3)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Media Arts & Graphic Design|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 01/01/2013
The web is a rapidly evolving multi-faceted medium that is an integral component of contemporary communication. This unit focuses on the fundamental concepts and practices of web design and production. It examines the practical, cultural and technical distinctions of various web technologies and services. Students gain understanding of network concepts, web planning processes, design fundamentals, core technologies and tools through the production of their own working web site and related research activities.
1. conceptualise, realise and implement a functioning web site;
2. identify, critique and utilise appropriate web conventions;
3. understand and work with a variety of web services;
4. demonstrate effective skills in web design and production using industry-standard software
Up to four hours a week consisting of lectures/tutorials/studio.