Anarchy and Order in International Relations (8166.4)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140108) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit analyses those key international institutions, issues and events that will shape the twenty-first century. While the end of the Cold War was heralded as ushering in a new world order of nuclear disarmament, international cooperation and global peace, the twenty-first century has instead confronted us with a range of new and continuing security challenges, from nuclear proliferation, to climate change, to widespread conflict in the developing world. This unit will examine the origins, nature and significance of key global issues, institutions, and events, and assess their potential for promoting international anarchy and / or order in the twenty-first century.
1) - demonstrate an understanding of key contemporary global events; and
(2) - critically analyse the debates that surround some of the major issues in current international affairs
Three hours per week.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 990AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 991AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Journalism
- 993AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 126JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 825AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Tourism Management
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology