Arts Honours Dissertation H 18cp (12cp) (8160.5)
|Level:||Undergraduate Honours Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Bethaney TURNER (Ph: +61 2 62015732 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Bethaney TURNER (Ph: +61 2 62015732 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 Dr John DAHLSEN (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 Dr John DAHLSEN (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191033) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (178397) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178398) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164772) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (160976) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139608) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145670) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students conduct study and research to produce a dissertation that comprises an original investigation of a topic. The thesis can take the form of either (a) a substantial creative, design or industry-relevant work, accompanied by an exegesis of 3,000 - 5,000 words, or (b) an academic dissertation of 15,000 - 20,000 words. The dissertation topic will require approval by the honours supervisor and will be conducted within appropriate ethical guidelines.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to apply appropriate high-level research skills;
2. Demonstrate a sound knowledge of their chosen field; and
3. Plan, implement, and document a sustained research or creative project under academic supervision.