Arts Honours Dissertation H 18cp (12cp) (8160.5)
|Level:||Undergraduate Honours Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Russell KIRKPATRICK (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 Dr John DAHLSEN (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (195488) - View
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195489) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191033) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (178397) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178398) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164772) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (160976) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139608) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145670) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students conduct study and research to produce a dissertation that comprises an original investigation of a topic. The thesis can take the form of either (a) a substantial creative, design or industry-relevant work, accompanied by an exegesis of 3,000 - 5,000 words, or (b) an academic dissertation of 15,000 - 20,000 words. The dissertation topic will require approval by the honours supervisor and will be conducted within appropriate ethical guidelines.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to apply appropriate high-level research skills;
2. Demonstrate a sound knowledge of their chosen field; and
3. Plan, implement, and document a sustained research or creative project under academic supervision.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Individual consultations by arrangement with supervisor.
8159 Arts Honours Dissertation H 18cp (6cp).
Students must be enrolled in 298JA Bachelor of Arts and Design (Honours) OR 355JA Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (Honours) OR 922AA Bachelor of Arts (Honours).
7761 Arts Honours Thesis H 18cp (12cp).