Literary Studies: Poetry/Criticism (8143.4)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Creative and Cultural Practice|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165534) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (146863) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students undertake the study of twentieth and twenty-first century English language poetry, and training in contemporary critical practice with an eye to its historical antecedents. Students read a major body of recent poetry in English. As well as an appreciation of this work, they gain insight into possible critical angles to take upon it through a survey of key works of criticism, from the 18th century and into the present. Students are trained to develop and defend their own independent critical stances. They also receive an introduction to the philosophy of judgment.
This unit is co-taught with unit 8752 Literary Studies: Poetry/Criticism PG.
On successful completion of this unit students will:
1. Demonstrate in writing and orally that they are able to make critical judgements about the poetry they read;
2. Demonstrate an ability to critically reflect on their own judgements; and
3. Demonstrate in writing and orally that they are able to extend theories of critical judgement beyond poetry to other fields.
3 hours per week.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 111JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 984AA Bachelor of Writing