Leadership in the Knowledge Society PG (8116.4)
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Creative and Cultural Practice|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (165046) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (160772) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (139617) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit assumes that effective leadership is essential in all modern organisations. People at all levels in an organisation are required to inspire confidence and influence others in the achievement of organisational goals. Using a theoretical approach, the unit develops an understanding of the nature and place of leadership in the modern organisation and then explores issues such as motivation, ethical behaviour, leading in diverse contexts, the potential and problems of teamwork as well as the development of personal leadership potential.
On completion of this unit students, will be able to:
1. Reflect on the complex elements of leadership in the modern organisation;
2. Research and critically analyse case studies of organisations in need of leadership; and
3. Interpret and internalise leadership theory to develop their own potential for leadership.