International Law (8062.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Law & Justice|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167698) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140721) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
To develop an understanding of the international legal system. It will consider the relationship among nation states and other entities in the international legal system and the creation and outcomes of international law.This unit may use combined teaching.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. An understanding of the nature of the international legal system;
2. An understanding of the law creating processes and the doctrines of International Law;
3. Knowledge of the relationship between International Law and domestic law includingAustralian law;
4. An understanding of the development of international law in response to contemporary challenges and the key issues of policy which lie behind the law; and
5. Knowledge of the practice of the exercise by the participants of rights in this field, including claims, protests, treaties and the peaceful settlement of disputes.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2015
Three hours per week or equivalent.
Legal Systems or equivalent and enrolment in a law course.
An understanding of the Australian Legal System. A basic knowledge of the scope and content of law.
- 995AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication / Bachelor of Laws
- 944AA Bachelor of Applied Economics/Bachelor of Laws
- 821AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 238JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy/Bachelor of Laws
- 239JA Bachelor of Building and Construction Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 808AA Bachelor of Business Informatics/Bachelor of Laws
- 810AA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
- 127JA Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 225JA Bachelor of Communication in Advertising/Bachelor of Laws
- 226JA Bachelor of Communication in Journalism/Bachelor of Laws
- 227JA Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs/Bachelor of Laws
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 194JA Bachelor of Forensic Studies/Bachelor of Laws
- 240JA Bachelor of Human Resource Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 996AA Bachelor of Journalism / Bachelor of Laws
- 794AA Bachelor of Laws
- 829AA Bachelor of Management/Bachelor of Laws
- 149JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Laws
- 997AA Bachelor of Public Relations / Bachelor of Laws
- 833AA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 241JA Bachelor of Social Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 837AA Bachelor of Sports Media/Bachelor of Laws