Service Industry Research (8054.3)
|Level:||Undergraduate Second Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||School of Management|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2011
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2012 End Date: 31/12/2012
- Version 3 - Start Date: 01/01/2013 End Date: 31/12/2015
This unit introduces students to the nature,scope and use of research in the service industries with a specific focus on tourism sectors. The unit examines research approaches, and paradigms, methods and issues with examples drawn from a diversity of service industries. Completion of this unit will provide students with the skills and knowledge to undertake practical research work in advanced units.
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the nature, purpose and scope of service industry research;
2. Understand the major research needs and priorities of various service industry sectors.
3. Evaluate and utilise existing data and government statistical collections
4. Apply appropriate practices to address research issues.
5. A major research project will give students the opportunity to practice skills in the design, preparation, implementation, analysis and reporting of research.
3 hours per week.