Science and Technology Education 2 (7987.3)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 1 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education, Science, Technology & Maths|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166218) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151137) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139277) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students will build on their existing science knowledge and develop a broader range of skills in the teaching of science to young children. Students will: explore a range of science concepts; recognise the importance of science specific pedagogy; and, identify opportunities for creative integration of science learning activities when programming. A range of innovative science teaching approaches will be actioned and reflection on these experiences will allow development of personal pedagogic frameworks.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Reviewed the theoretical underpinnings of effective science teaching;
2. Identified the value of careful planning with respect to science teaching;
3. Recognised that design of science learning activities as part of an integrated program of teaching adds an exciting and fruitful dimension to the teaching of young children;
4. Familiarised themselves with the wide range of resources, including ICT resources, they have available to them for the teaching of science; and
5. A greater confidence in the level of content knowledge they carry into future science teaching.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Three hours a week.
Science and Technology Education 1.
- 203JA Bachelor of Education
- 866AA Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (3-8 Years)
- 446AA Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (Birth-8) (UC/CIT)
- 788AA Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Teaching (Graduate Entry)
- 383AE Bachelor of Education in Primary Teaching
- 789AA Bachelor of Education in Primary Teaching (Graduate Entry)
- 205JA Bachelor of Educational Studies