Sports Sponsorship and Media (7981.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
This unit will focus on the importance of sponsorship and media to sporting organisations. Writing and evaluating sponsorship proposals will be highly emphasised. Various media sources will be evaluated and strategies identified to improve/ maintain quality media coverage of athletes and sports.
- a. explain and identify the components of a sponsorship plan;
- b. develop, construct and evaluate sponsorship proposals
- c. understand the role the media plays in sport and sponsorship;
- d. be able to evaluate media coverage of sport and athletes; and
- e. identify and develop strategies to improve the media coverage of sport and athletes.
Two one hour lectures and one two hour tutorial.