Strategic Planning (7970.4)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Built Environment and Design|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (159528) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (140797) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit examines strategic planning within the current dynamic environment. It analyses the role of the markets and the public sector in planning and the use of policy instruments such as advocacy, incentives, legislation, markets to achieve policy objectives. It looks at emergent and planned strategy within a governance framework of accountability, transparency and equity.
- Knowledge of global trends and an ability to critically analyse the dynamic as well as spatial attributes of a planning issue; an understanding of markets and an ability to recognise potential areas of market failure; knowledge of policy instruments; advocacy, incentive, legislation and the market and their role in implementing policy;
- the creative ability to broaden the context of any problem or opportunity and be able to think laterally of possible solutions; an ability to balance private and public good for sustainable outcomes that improve the lives of communities.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2016
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- 1 Online Forums Posts Weeks 4,7 and 11 (30% total (10% for each) )
- 2 Strategic Plan Part 1 Issues, Priorities and Vision (25% total (5% for verbal presentation and 20% for Report) )
- 3 Strategic Plan Part 2: The Strategic Framework– Achieving the Vision and Goals for the City of Yass (20% total (10 % for participation in interim discussion,10% for the set out in the final Report) )
- 4 Completion Northbourne Avenue – “Urban Villages” Strategic Plan (25% total (5% for verbal presentation and 20% for Report) )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2016
One hour lecture and two hour tutorial.
Planning Theory and Process 1.