A Brief History of Civilisation (7966.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Arts & Humanities|
This unit is no longer offered. Information may be available for Units in the following years:
- Version 1 - Start Date: 01/01/2009 End Date: 31/12/2010
- Version 2 - Start Date: 01/01/2011 End Date: 31/12/2012
The unit offers an introduction to the epochs of human history using the contemporary notions of significance and cultural heritage. The World Heritage List is used as the main organising tool to examine eras, events, time and the major theories of historical change.
1. identify major phases of world history and the places that represent them
2. analyse the cultural heritage concept of significance
3. compare theories of historical change
Three hours a week.