Ethics and Law for Health Professionals (7951.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Midwifery|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Sally DE-VITRY SMITH (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Winter Term MS Emily WALLIS (Ph: +61 2 62015103 ) ONLINE 2020 Semester 2 MRS Catherine MCGRORY (Ph: +61 2 62015124 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Winter Term, 2020, ONLINE, BRUCE (194853) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193481) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (192034) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (189664) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188605) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (184535) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176146) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163874) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153674) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146103) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Professional education in health requires an understanding of human value systems. The content in this unit provides students with an opportunity to apply the law and a range of ethical approaches to healthcare practice.
On completion of this unit, the student will:
1. Understand the regulatory frameworks that underpin healthcare practice;
2. Explore ethical dimensions of practice using multiple perspectives; and
3. Be knowledgeable in relation to the law and legal frameworks as they apply to practice.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Winter Term, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Winter Term, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
Up to 3 hours per week of lecture, tutorials and flexible learning.