Ethics and Law for Health Professionals (7951.3)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nursing|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 DR Holly NORTHAM (Ph: +61 2 62012135 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Winter Term MS Emily WALLIS (Ph: +61 2 62015103 ) ONLINE 2021 Semester 2 DR Holly NORTHAM (Ph: +61 2 62012135 ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ONLINE, BRUCE (196002) - View
- Winter Term, 2020, ONLINE, BRUCE (194853) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193481) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (192034) - View
- Winter Term, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (189664) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188605) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (184535) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176146) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163874) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (153674) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146103) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Professional education in health requires an understanding of human value systems. The content in this unit provides students with an opportunity to apply the law and a range of ethical approaches to healthcare practice.
On completion of this unit, the student will:
1. Understand the regulatory frameworks that underpin healthcare practice;
2. Explore ethical dimensions of practice using multiple perspectives; and
3. Be knowledgeable in relation to the law and legal frameworks as they apply to practice.
UP to 3 hours per week of lecture, tutorials and flexible learning.