Environmental and Planning Law G (7908.3)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Law School|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178170) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167085) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154818) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145612) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Theoretical and historical aspects; International Environmental Law; Common Law; Title to Natural Resources; Environmental Impact Assessment; Land Use Planning; Nature Conservation and Heritage Protection; Pollution Discharge; Environmental Appeals and Litigation; Conclusion.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be competent in their understanding of:
1. The nature and sources of the law, its administration and interpretation;
2. Introductory Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Property Law and Law of Torts;
3. The frameworks within which environmental legislation operates at the Local, State, National and International levels; and
4. The operation of Environmental Law and the legal obligations of citizens in regard to environmental matters.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 1, 2015
One three hour seminar per week or equivalent in intensive format.